Friday, December 3, 2010

The elephant in the room (would be me)

I have fattened up. Much like the turkeys from last month. And, I don’t like it one bit. Unfortunately, when I am happy and settled in a relationship or marriage, I tend to look a bit plumper. WTF is that?

Every time that I have been single, lonely and yearning, I tend look my best. I have no appetite and I become wispy-waisted. Or, if there is a flirtation in my life (hi angst- ridden cute boy, talkin’ to you here.)

I do try. Lately I have eaten fruit for breakfast, whole wheat bread with low fat peanut butter and low sugar grape jelly for lunch. Dinner is a crap shoot as I may have a business dinner or not. I am also mindful of the fact that my slender father had a heart attack and a quintuple bypass. My health is hereditary.

I hate the extra pounds. I think longingly of the days when I fit into a size four. (I am now a size twelve). I try really hard not pass my body issues onto my daughter, who is already proclaiming a hatred of her thighs.

Next week I start boot camp (I do LOVE working out – with a friend) I so want to reclaim my body. Not only just to its former self but also as a proclamation.

I FUCKING ROCK.

See you on the treadmill.

3 comments:

Janet said...

You do rock! Count me in as a supporter and call me inspired as well!

Di said...

Yesterday we were just talking about a woman in our neighborhood who is probably a buxom size 16 or more. Everytime I see her, she looks FANTASTIC! She doesn't try to dress like our daughters who live and breathe Forever 21. She dresses with class and confidence and she exudes "sexy."

I'm not touting letting oneself go to the point where it is unhealthy or you just aren't comfortable in your own skin, but consider the possibility of accepting your ever-changing body as a badge of honor representing your years of experience!

Keep in mind that the last time I was a size 6 was after a 5 month Major Depressive Episode, so I no longer associate thin with happy.

Cathy and Dick said...

I agree - you ROCK! And you look great - I've realized that something happens to our bodies as we get older that not even hours of working out would change - and who the heck wants to do that anyway?

So get to boot camp, feel healthy, love life and be you - cuz - yes -
YOU ROCK!